Friday, July 3, 2009

My Infertility Stats

I guess I should give a background of my journey thus far. I've never typed this out in black and white, so here goes nothing:

Age:
Me - 30 years old
DH - 30 years old

Diagnosed with:
Me - PCOS
DH - nothing (however, I think his sperm count is on the lower end of normal )

TTC since:
Naturally - 1 year
WIth medical intervention - 2 years
So a total of 3 years (in case you couldn't add 1+2 haha!)

Interventions tried so far:
Clomid - 6 cycles (I think?)
IUI with Gonal-F - 5 cycles
Acupuncture - 1 cycle
Acupuncture + herbs - 2 cycles

Tests/Procedures done:
Sono - ouch!
HSG - triple ouch! The doctor was not successful with this --> although the catheter went through my cervix, the dye kept rushing out and down my legs
Laporoscopy - clean --> everything found to be in normal, tip-top shape

Where I stand:
According to the doctors, I respond well to the meds. Perhaps too well -- last cycle I had at least 7 mature follicles and an E2 level of above 11,000. Difficult decision, but cancelled cycle due to high chance of OHSS and multiple fetuses. Before that, have had 1-2 mature follicles per cycle but NO pregnancies. Don't really know what's up. Besides the PCOS, everything else seems fine and I respond to meds. Not ready to try IVF quite yet.

Currently:
I am waiting out this cancelled cycle. Going for a beta test on Sunday. If it's negative (which it will be - did not ovulate on my own) will start Provera and begin another cycle of IUI and Gonal-F, this time on a dose of 112.5

So that's it in a nutshell. Left out the hundreds of blood tests and vaginal probe ultrasounds. Not pleasant but an unfortunate fact of life these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment