Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Back in Business

So I finally got my period last Friday. Yayy! I went in for b/w and ultrasound on Sunday and I have one cyst on my right side but the doctor said it was nothing to worry about. So I have begun Gonal-F at 112.5 and hopefully this will be the magical dose to give me the right amount of follies. I go in for CD7 ultrasound and b/w tomorrow so fingers crossed things are progressing nicely.

I get the feeling my doctor wants us to jump on the ivf train pretty soon. He said, and I quote: "So we're going to try this one more time, right?" I didn't really know how to respond to that. Did he mean "one more time" because hopefully we will get pregnant this cycle or did he mean "one more time" because we are going straight to ivf if this doesn't work? I don't know. I just muffled an "uh-huh" and left it at that. Nevertheless, I shall try not to get ahead of myself and psyche myself out. I resolve to be as positive and optimistic this cycle as I can possibly be. Let those zen acupuncture feelings carry me away!

3 comments:

  1. Sending lots of good thoughts your way and hoping that this is the magic dose of Gonal-F! Try not to even think beyond this cycle -- I hate when the doctors do that! Can't they just focus on the now too?

    Rant aside - enjoy the acupuncture!! Thanks for your comment on my blog - I have totally been having trouble sleeping lately too...but now there's no way I'm telling the ND! Needle in the top of my head...no thanks!! :)

    Good luck!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the good thoughts Fertility Chick! I wonder if the insomnia has anything to do with the acupuncture. I used to sleep like a baby when I first started it, but now I'm a total night owl. And what's strange is that I don't even feel tired the next day. Anyways, enjoy your stay-cation and happy painting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comment on my blog. I'm glad I found your blog! I hope everything works perfectly for you this cycle! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete