Sunday, July 26, 2009

Follies Update

I went for an ultrasound and b/w this morning and I am thankful that things seem to be progressing well. I have 5 follicles that are 1.3-1.4 cm in size, 4 on my left and 1 on my right. I didn't ask about my E2 level. That was a concern for me last cycle because my E2 level skyrocketed and I was at risk for OHSS. I almost don't care this cycle about too many follies/high E2. I feel like throwing caution to the wind because if I don't, Mr. IVF may just come bursting through our door. And we are not ready to welcome him into our lives. So I'm glad that I'm responding well to meds this month. Those follies are definitely growing in there - I am bloated beyond belief and I can definitely feel a heaviness in my ovaries. So nice to actually feel something going on in there. Rather than the barren emptiness I feel when I am between cycles. Before I started fertility treatment and before I even knew that anything was wrong with me, I used to joke that my uterus was like a desert. I could practically hear the swoosh of the wind and see the tumbleweed roll along its emptiness. Looking back, I guess I always had a gut feeling I would have fertility issues.

Anywho, things are actually happening inside of me now and I shall get back to sending my follicles positive vibes.

1 comment:

  1. come on little follicles, you can do it! :)

    ReplyDelete