Friday, July 3, 2009

Dum Da Dum...

^^^ That's me rapping my fingers on the table in a bored and impatient fashion. (Well, not me really, that is obviously a man's hand, but you get what I mean). I hate being stuck in this infertility limbo. I need to wait until Sunday before going in for another beta. It's not a 2ww... that would be much more exciting. It's just no ovulation, no period, no nada, but still have to wait the requisite amount of days before verifying the non-pregnancy state that I most certainly am in, and artificially starting up my next cycle. Ugh.

On another related note, I have the tiniest inkling that my period might come on it's own. I don't know. Maybe it's because I've been hovered over the computer for the last 3 hours. Or because I ate a very late lunch and am still hungry. Or because I've been holding in my pee. But nevertheless, I swear I feel a little crampy pain in my uterus. I have been a little bitchy towards the annoying people on T.V. lately. But I haven't had my requisite pms sugar and salt craving yet. If Aunt Flow does decide to grace me with her presence within the next few days it will be a bloody miracle. Heh. Get it? Bloody, miracle? Anyways, as those of you with PCOS know, getting a period when you want to get your period is a cause for celebration. Could my hormonal system be turning into some semblance of normal?

Hmm. If I do get my period, I swear, I could be the poster child for acupuncture. Ever since I started acupuncture a few months ago, I have gotten my period each month. Maybe not exactly on time, but I've still gotten t it. Oooooh. I'm getting excited at this exciting new revelation! Let me break it down:

First cycle with acupuncture + Gonal-F and IUI - ovulated early (CD 12, I think?) 1 mature follicle all by myself (i.e. without the use of the HCG trigger), then got AF 2 weeks later;
Second cycle with acupuncture + Gonal-F and IUI - upped dosage of Gonal-F so developed over 7 mature follicles and E2 shot way up high. Cancelled cycle on Day 13. Got AF on CD 18. RE told to 'ignore' this period --> may just be due to fact that stopped meds all of a sudden.

Now, CD 29 and am starting to feel crampy.

Please! Period, come!

1 comment:

  1. My theory is that our periods have taken off on a joy ride a la "Ferris Bueller's Day Off". Thanks for visiting my blog -- I'm really glad to find yours! I feel like we could be PCOS twins as I can relate to the frustration!! Hope your period arrives soon..and if it does, could you ask it to send mine home too? Thanks!! :))

    ReplyDelete