Thursday, August 20, 2009

Waiting

Is it just me or does it seem like this whole TTC journey is comprised of a whole lot of waiting? Waiting for your period, waiting for follicles to mature, waiting to see your doctor, the two-week wait, waiting for results, waiting, waiting, waiting... And now I am waiting, yet again. Waiting for these darn cysts to go away.

It's been a while since I blogged, so let me back up a bit. The hubs and I had a great time in Hawaii. It really helped ease the anxiety of the 2 ww. However, I was pretty bloated most of the time with a mild case of OHSS. I looked to be about 4 months pregnant. Not exactly a bikini-ready body but at least I wasn't in any sort of pain. I knew I wasn't pregnant when my OHSS symptoms started to go away towards the end of the trip. And then I REALLY knew I wasn't pregnant when I got my period full force on the last day of our trip. Extremely crampy and irritable is not exactly how one would like to spend their last day in Hawaiian paradise. So I apologize to the hubs for being a bit of a *bleep*. A sour end to our vacation, but the rest of it was so wonderful that it didn't really ruin it entirely.

So I am now on CD10 but my day 3 ultrasound revealed quite a few cysts - the biggest measuring around 5 cm and others around 2 cm. The doctor didn't want to take the risk of starting me up again on meds until the cysts resolved. So we are not doing anything this month besides trying the good ol' fashioned way. Which is pretty pointless because I very rarely ovulate or get my period on my own. But it's still worth a try, I guess. MIght as well make it a fun wait!

2 comments:

  1. You're so right, its a constant wait and battle for the right timing. Waiting is something I AM RUBBISH at, which doesn't help. But there is lots of us doing it. Hope the cysts clear up soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, you are so right! Waiting, waiting, waiting...but we are all going to be such patient women when this is all done! I am glad you had fun on your vacation and don't be too hard on yourself for getting upset the last day. I am sure your hubby has already forgotten it. :)

    ReplyDelete