Monday, August 31, 2009

Temping Tantrum

Now that I'm taking a (forced) month off of medically induced cycling, I've sort of been taking my temperatures here and there without much thought. I'm doing it more out of force of habit than anything else. Usually my temps hover around 36.12 C or so. So imagine my surprise when I took the thermometer out of my mouth this morning to see 36.48 staring back at me. What the? I almost never ovulate on my own so seeing this temp on CD22 is a bit of a shock. Now I'm counting backwards trying to remember the last time the hubs and I BD'd last. Did we miss this miraculous egg-dropping? Did we lose our chance at a free chance to get pregnant?

Oh gosh. Fertility anxiety never ends.

2 comments:

  1. Wow...isn't it crazy how our bodies tend to do whatever they want with no rhyme or reason? I am not up to speed on the temperature thing (off to google) but hopefully you guys didn't miss the window.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I often felt like my body was tricking me! It seemed like the more I tried to understand what was going on inside, the odder the things that happened were until I really didn't trust my cycle at all. Fingers crossed this indicates a leaning to a positive change for you and possibly even a successful fertile cycle! Here's hoping xx

    ReplyDelete